Friday, September 6, 2013

Grimm seemed quite clear — And it was something very close to this: “Just say ‘No!’ to Obama when it comes to Syria; and by the way, Buddy, can you spare me a dime...”

But, then his spox said something like this: “Oops !  That’s not what we meant at all....”


So here’s the deal. You read it; and then you can tell me  —  

 
“Today, I decided to withdraw my support from President Obama’s proposal for a military strike against Syria. I have heard from many of you in Staten Island and Brooklyn, and it is clear to me that their is strong opposition to the strike. As your voice in Washington, I will continue to listen and take a stand for you.

Will you stand with me in opposing President Obama’s plan with a donation of $25 or more right now?

When President Obama first announced his plan for strikes against the Syrian government for its alleged use of chemical weapons,  my first reaction as a Marine combat veteran was to support immediate, targeted strikes. I now believe that the opportunity for such action has passed.
President Obama has failed to show strength at this critical moment in time. While the debate in Congress continues, our nation’s credibility grows weaker and weaker. After much deliberation and prayer, I have decided to withdraw my support. I do not feel that our country has enough to gain by moving forward with this attack.

Stand with me today with a donation of $25 or more to strongly oppose military action in Syria. 


Thank you for your support,

Michael Grimm”


—   From Congressman Michael Grimm Email



The Grimm camp has unequivocally stated that the email was intended to be sent out only to inform the congressman’s supporters of the Grimm’s  change of heart, but that a third party vendor/contractor, which also handles Grimm’s fund raising, added the fundraising link on its own ( See “Grimm Email Raises Money Off Syria Opposition” by Michael Scotto, 9/6/13, YNN State of Politics [http://nystateofpolitics.com/2013/09/grimm-email-raises-money-off-syria-opposition/]).

According to the report, “ 'An email blast that went out to supporters of Rep. Michael Grimm last night sought to raise money off the Congressman’s decision to change his mind and oppose military action in Syria.... [However, t]he email was intended to be a message to supporters informing them of the congressman’s withdrawal of support for a strike on Syria,' said Grimm spokeswoman Carol Danko. 'The dollar ask was included automatically by the vendor, and was never approved by the congressman. He is furious over this inappropriate inclusion and has taken appropriate actions to ensure that this careless error never happens again.' ”

So what do you think ?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grimm's people are almost as bad as Lhota's.

Anonymous said...

Thank you again Gale.

I am sad and a shame.

I am a shame of this man Michael Grimm who I voted for.

I am a shame and I will never vote again for him for he has shown his true colors here and it is all about money with Michael Grimm and the proof is in your great writing Galewyn and with this I applaud you again for being very accurate and you do us here in Brooklyn a great service with your research.

I am a shame he could care less that close to 1400 man and women were gassed including 400 little boys and girls.

I am a shame he has not a clue what a call this is for President Obama and the pressure he is under.

I am a shame this man Michael Grimm is a former Marine.

I am a shame this man is a former FBI agent.

I am a shame and sad and to think I gave him the secret of making him a great congressman with the Gun issue.

I am a shame he never answered me with this and it was our own children right here in Connecticut.

I am a shame I just gave him another secret about how to reduce crime for the entire United States and to help our inner City Youth and how to help returning Veterans find work.

I am a shame this will never be answered by him.

I am a shame both him and President Obama would have been applauded just like FDR was applauded with his New Deal reform back in the 1930's

I am a shame I am an America today.

I feel sad and I tried.

Anonymous said...

Senator Grimm is a good man and I believe in him and as a resident of Dyker Heights I don't remember anyone contacting me or all my friends who are Republicans in the area?

Maybe he did make a mistake and we are all human.

I find it hard to believe a vendor made a mistake and who is this vendor?

Is Michael Grimm hiding something from us?

The person above makes it appear that Michael has no soul or compassion and to that person I am truly sorry.

I like your idea and I do hope he answers you back in the future, please keep us posted if you even come back to this site for you sounded very depressed.

Anonymous said...

I think you all are playing mind games with yourself both comments above.

Why should we care about Syria?

Let Congressman Grimm do what he thinks is right and I voted for him and trust him.

I know he is a good man.

I am concerned about why he voted the way he did and I guess he has to live with himself and I do hope he gets back to the person above.

We will see


Galewyn Massey said...

Odd Comment...

Galewyn Massey said...

Second odd comment in a row... btw, it's Congressman Grimm.

Galewyn Massey said...

Looks like a third odd comment to me... btw, there has been no vote yet. Besides the issue wasn't how he would vote, or even that he was announcing what his vote would be. The rub was using the upcoming Syria vote for a fundraising pitch.

Anonymous said...

Odd comment by you Gale, your comment on Grimm.

Or do you think it is Grimm and his words?

Or is it one of his staff say from 13th Avenue?

Better yet could it be his DC office?

Do you think it is possible that Grimm is reading this blog himself?

Do you think it is possible people in Washington might be reading this blog to get a feel on politics in New York because they don't know who can be trusted?

Gale are things that bad for him that he has to this fund raising during a crisis.

I met him once a long time ago and he seemed like a nice man, but I have been wrong many times in my life reading people and their character,

Gale what has he ever done for Brooklyn that means something to us the people that voting him into office?

Exactly what does his office on 13th Avenue with all those people do and this seems to be a waste of our money.

One thing is for sure the guy who wrote the comment above will never vote for him again.

I do like you said Gale and see what he does in the future

Gale who's side is he on?

Galewyn Massey said...

I just got a robo-call from Congressman Grimm on behalf of Joe Lhota. According to Mr. Grimm, Lhota was a top man for Giuliani when he was Deputy Mayor and he would make a good mayor, because "...he's one of us...."

I have a very big problem with all of this. What does a guy like Grimm mean when he says somebody is "...one of us..." ?

What is there in Lhota that is anything like what is in Grimm ? What is in Grimm that is anything like what's in Lhota. What makes Grimm think he's anything like the rest of us ?