Friday, November 8, 2019

Is it me, but is Hillary Clinton taking more potshots at the Democratic Contenders lately --- like Elizabeth Warren for example


Hillary's interview with Andrew Ross Sorkin showed that she wants to cover all of her bases when it come to a nationalized healthcare program  ---  and at the same time say that Elizabeth Warren's Medicare For All Plan will never pass congress, even with the Democrats in control


And then there's Hillary's answer to Sorkin's questions about her running in 2020:


".... HILLARY CLINTON: You know, I have always been a very, very slow runner. I am embarrassingly slow. I’ve tried to run races and I am so far behind that I start to walk, acting like that was what the plan was all the time. I don’t know that I’m going to take up competitive running right now, but I think you’re asking about something else, aren’t you?


ANDREW ROSS SORKIN: There’s been some teasing and some hinting that, maybe, you’re sitting off in the wings here and waiting for some moment.


HILLARY CLINTON: Look, I think I would have been a really good president. I think I could have been a very effective leader. We have real divides in the country over all kinds of things, but I certainly, in my time in the Senate and Secretary of State, worked really hard, as you say, to actually solve problems, not exacerbate them or ignore them. I would have done everything I could to try to get us positioned for the future. That’s what a leader is supposed to do. Elections are supposed to be about the future and leadership should be about the future....  I think I could have done a really good job. I think the last election was deeply flawed and that there were so many unprecedented problems in that election that it’s almost hard to make sense of...."


It's all about the post-2016 DNC rule changes for the next convention:
First: Hillary can come into the Democratic Convention with a lot of her people in place to run things and a bundle of "Super Delegates"  ---  who would be there to shift the balance of power after the first ballot at the 2020 Democratic Convention has been completed; and

Second: with a 15% threshold and proportional voting in the 2020 Democrat Presidential Primaries,  Hillary can enter primaries and caucuses at the last second and still get plenty of "elected" delegates.


So, a late entry by Hillary avoids the other Democrat candidates sniping at her in the early going;  still gets her enough delegates to be a factor on the first ballot,  especially by blocking anybody else from getting a clear majority on the first ballot;  and then on the second and all subsequent ballots, if any, Hillary's delegate total would include a lion's share of "super delegates".....


Most of that was spelled out last week by a Brooklyn Democrat  attorney in a recent OP-ED in the Kings County Politics blog (See  "Op-Ed:  It's Hillary's Party" by John O'Hara,  10/29/19,  Kings County Politics/OP-ED    [https://www.kingscountypolitics.com/op-ed-its-hillarys-party/]).

________

Mr. O'Hara has commented anonymously on this blog many times over the years.  Please don't ask me how I can be certain of that.  In the off chance that John were to deny it,  I can prove it.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This guy O'Hara is brilliant. Good looking to.

Galewyn Massey said...

RESPONSE: THE "WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED !!!" EDITION

ABOUT: "ANONYMOUS SAID... AT 8:00 AM"

HOW MANY OF YOU GUESSED THAT "... AT 8:00 AM" WAS JOHN O'HARA COMMENTING ANONYMOUSLY ???

He is being as truthful as he can be --- he really does believe that he is "brilliant" and "Good looking [too]."

Gotta run, because I can't hide and do a blog at the same time.....

Anonymous said...

AS long as it's not that asshole John Kennedy O'Hara, we're fine.



As you were.

Galewyn Massey said...

RESPONSE: THE "TO KNOW HIM IS TO LOVE HIM" EDITION

TO: "ANONYMOUS SAID... AT 3:18 AM"

YOU SEEM TO KNOW HIM..... ANY RELATIONSHIP HAS ITS UPS AND DOWNS..... DID HE ONCE BREAK YOUR HEART ???
REMEMBER, FORGIVENESS HELPS TO MEND TWO SOULS..... SOME FOLKS NEED MORE WORK THAN OTHERS --- ESPECIALLY IF BOTH SOLES AND HEELS NEED MENDING.....

If you read Heraclitus, you would have known that nobody can ever be "As you were...." --- Unless you think he was only talking about rivers.....

[Que Barbra] ---

"Memories light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories of the way we were
Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another for the way we were

Can it be that it was all so simple then
Or has time rewritten every line
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we?
Could we?
....."