Tuesday, September 12, 2017

We could have gone with Sinatra's "My Way".....

But instead let's be in their faces with this one from Queen:



....   I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through
(And I need to go on and on, and on, and on)

We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it
I thank you all
But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race
And I ain't gonna lose
(And I need just go on and on, and on, and on)

We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world

[One more time, with feeling  !!!]    We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world







5 comments:

Galewyn Massey said...

ADDENDUM: THE "NOW >>> IT IS <<< MARTY'S PARTY" EDITION

LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT !!!

There was every reason for big celebrations at the JQ HQ, and mostly for people like Marty Golden and Jerry Kassar, whose Quaglione-McCabe tag team accounted for 80% of the GOP primary vote and a virtual sweep of the Republican County organization .....

There were so many personal success stories that the line to the mike to accept accolades must have been endless.....

The glow of victory is still Golden hot for John Quaglione and the rest of the whole Golden team, but let's see how bright it really is in the light of this new day --- and the days that follow.

BTW, three days ago I asked Justin Brannan, "Who do you want to run against ???" --- His answer was >>> "...John Quaglione."

So it looks like most of us, or nearly most of us, got what we wanted.....

And to the rest of us >>>
".... No, you can't always get what you want... You can't always get what you want... You can't always get what you want... But if you try sometime you find... You get what you need...."

Galewyn Massey said...

BACKFILL: THE "SEEN AND BEING SEEN WITH" EDITION

UNLESS MY EYES DECEIVE ME --- THERE IS VERY STRONG PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE THAT BOB CAPANO WAS AT THE BAY RIDGE MANNER LAST NIGHT --- VERY NEAR BOTH MARTY GOLDEN AND JOHN QUAGLIONE

BC WAS THERE AT THE PODIUM CONGRATULATING THE WINNER JQ ON HIS CLEAN, WELL-FOUGHT CAMPAIGN AND MOST IMPORTANT >>> SUCCESSFUL <<< PRIMARY CAMPAIGN


Wonders may never cease, and maybe, the Brooklyn GOP can come together for a real race against JB and the Democrats this fall.....

Yeah, and the Giants will come back next week as an offensive powerhouse; and in 2018 the Mets are back on top in the NL and go on to win the fall classic.....

Galewyn Massey said...

BACKFILL: THE "REALITY BITES" EDITION

HEARD AROUND ON PRIMARY NIGHT (AFTER Q'S BIG WIN HAD BECOME EVIDENT) --- A FEW OF THE MARTY GOLDEN OPERATORS IMMEDIATELY STARTED LOWERING THE EXPECTATIONS FOR THEIR MAN Q

Basically, these guys were saying that John Quaglione didn't turn into the world's best campaigner in the course of one primary campaign. What they described was a guy who was dutiful and workmanlike >>> on his best days; and a dreary drudge plodder >>> on his worst.....

Lets see if the "non-aggression pact" that pretty much held up through the Republican primary actually results in everybody in the Brooklyn GOP getting behind JQ for the big push to November..... I have my doubts, but I doubted that the Ghorra pact would hold up through September 12th; so, wonders never cease.....

Anonymous said...

On Tuesday 3,561 Democratic Party voters voted for Justin Brannan, and 1,789 Republicans came out to vote for John Quaglione. Now that these to guys are the candidates, who do you think is way ahead in the race to succeed Councilman Vincent Gentile, who strongly endorses Justin Brannan?

Anonymous said...

Is Brannan going to beat Quaglione 2 to 1?

I don't think so.