Thursday, March 7, 2013

Was tonight’s “Brooklyn GOP [Blog] Radio” broadcast, hosted by Gene Berardelli and his sidekick Russ Gallo overtaken by events or sudden irresistible urges that were bigger than both of them?


Kidnapped by aliens ?   A mystery ripped from the headlines ?     —    Or just a sordid tale dripping with irony from between the lines of the Village Voice personal ads


After the late news I sat down in front of my Philco cathedral-style computer with my cup of Ovaltine all set to listen to latest of Gene and Russell “On Demand.”  And there was nothing there...   No excuses...  No “Gone Fishin’ sign...  No nuttin...   So I started my quest after a quick gulp of my scalding watery chocolate malt-like essence of itself, which was still so hot that it burned both the tip of my tongue and my alveolar palate. After I had forced the destructive brew down my gullet, probably to do even more damage to my alcohol toughened esophagus than it did to my tongue and the roof of my mouth, I began my search, starting with the “Brooklyn GOP Radio -Official- Show Blog.” I savored the numbness at the front of my mouth while the vacuum tubes inside my chestnut-veneered console chugged in response to my quick-fingered commands on the Olivetti-Underwood keyboard and the slow feed of  information came up on the screen of my Dumont CRT.

The plot thickened [ heavy chords on the accompanying Wurlitzer ] !  The last couple of tweets on Gene Berardelli’s Twitter sidebar indicated that he was all revved up to do this week’s show, a tweet at about 7:04 PM showed that Gene was obviously inspired by Rand Paul’s heroic efforts in the well of the U.S. Senate. His last “Pre...show” message was texted at about 7:55 PM; it was so very hopeful: “Get ready for the PRE-Pre-CPAC Show on @bklyngopradio! Five [sic] minutes to showtime!... @russgallo”

It was much the same at the “Follow Russell on Twitter” sidebar. Russ was also all jazzed about Rand Paul’s heroic turn at Jimmy Stewart’s  “Mr. Smith...” —  Russell’s last was this: “RussGallo Water? #AintNobodyGotTimeForThat, #StandWithRand @BklynGOPRadio goin live in five min: blogtalkradio.com/brooklyngoprad… pic.twitter.com/MtXB5cl35C” also at 7:55PM.

Based on the Brooklyn GOP Radio internet feeds, since that time  —  7:55PM  —   there has been no record of anything happening on Brooklyn GOP Radio on the night of March 6, 2013. I waited and tried again at about 1:00-1:30 AM  — except for the Ovaltine bit, I got the same result.

I can only hope that this is just another of Gene Berardelli’s technical glitches, which are one of the charming features of the show.  However, I am concerned; because as I do this post at about 2:15 AM, I still don’t know what happened to either Gene or Russell last night.  Please keep them in your prayers.

9 comments:

Galewyn Massey said...

UPDATE: Given the timing of the various events on the evening of March 6th and the early morning of March 7th, I think it's fair to ask --- Did news of the mysterious circumstances surrounding last night's broadcast and/or re-broadcast of the Brooklyn GOP [Blog] Radio program and the possible disappearance of Gene and Russ reach Senator Rand Paul on the floor of the U.S. Senate and cause him to give up his filibuster ?

Galewyn Massey said...

Good News !

Gene Berardelli and Russ Gallo seem fine. Gene is having lunch at a place called Maxwell’s near the Manhattan Courts; and late last night Russell was having a tweet-debate about Senators Rubio’s and Cruz’ eligibility to be president.

Still no word on what happened to the March 6, 2013 Brooklyn GOP [Blog] Radio program...

Anonymous said...

I kinda liked those Village Voice personal ads. Had dozens of meaningful relationships from them.

Galewyn Massey said...

Well, some adventure or misadventure must have distracted the Two Gentlemen from Verona from their appointed rounds....

Like Cole might have writ, "When love comes in And takes you for a spin, Ooh-la-la-la, c'est magnifique! [An Wednesday night when someone] holds you tight, Ooh-la-la-la, c'est magnifique!

Galewyn Massey said...

UPDATE: Still no explanation about what happened to the Wednesday March 6th Brooklyn GOP [Blog] Radio program. However, Gene Berardelli has done another post on the "Brooklyn GOP Radio -Official- Show Blog" that has nothing to do with the Brooklyn GOP. It's rather clear that the "Round Man" of the Brooklyn GOP is personally more interested in his "gets" for interviews on his blog-radio program than the week-to-week news relevant to what's happening inside and around the Brooklyn GOP ( See "Next Generation TV's Michelle Fields & Allen West on Brooklyn GOP Radio!" by Gene R. Berardelli, Esq., 3/8/13, Brooklyn GOP Radio -Official- Show Blog [http://brooklyngopradio.blogspot.com/]).

In addition, Mr. B continues failing to moderate the comments on an "-Official-" internet outlet of the Brooklyn GOP. "Captain America" is back with all his nonsense.

Galewyn Massey said...

UPDATE: Somebody's insight or the lack thereof ...

Here’s Brooklyn GOP [Blog] Radio tweeting about itself: “...But we are proud to be #justablogger @NatlBloggers @BlogBashOrg ...happy where we're at right now, putting Brooklyn on the map in Republican circles!” ( Brooklyn GOP Radio @bklynGOPRadio Mar 9).

Anonymous said...

Hello
That particular night Gene and Russell were so over taking with emotions they forgot to hook up everything and I did get this from a little birdie

Anonymous said...

Just in the Mayor might seek a 4th term.

Anonymous said...

The Republican Party today is actually the old Democratic Party of years ago and if you can't see this your blind or never read about early politics and what it really meant to be a Republican.

Abe Lincoln would have cried and more than likely would have switched parties.

I am a shame to say I am a Republican.

The Mayors race of New York: The Top Republican Choices are a SAD lot.