SETTLEMENT OF JUDGE PHILLIPS WRONGFUL DEATH CASE FOR $750,000 IS NOT THE WHOLE STORY — NOR IS IT THE END OF THE STORY — See WHO WAS CLOSE TO Judge John Phillips — And see who was OUT TO GET HIM — AND WHY
IF THIS IS WHAT THEY DID TO A RETIRED JUDGE — WHAT CAN THEY DO TO YOU ?
> First, they arrested him and took his gun <
>> Then, they took his money and properties <<
>>> Finally, they took his life <<<
READ ABOUT JOHN KENNEDY OHARA — ONCE JUDGE PHILLIPS’ YOUTHFUL WARD — AND [ SINCE O'HARA'S RE-ADMISSION TO THE PRACTICE OF LAW ] SUCCESSFUL ATTORNEY FOR THE PHILLIPS’ ESTATE IN A RECENTLY CONCLUDED WRONGFUL DEATH ACTION
• SEE WHAT WAS — O’Hara’s tie-in to Primary campaigns against DA Hynes — By a Republican in 1993 — By Judge Phillips in 1997 and after — And by Sandra Roper in 2001 and after
• SEE WHAT WAS — Ohara’s role in helping John Phillips the whole time that Judge Phillips was in what now is clearly an unlawful imprisonment, including secure lock-down in an unlawful senior care facility. — All the while, O’Hara was himself subject to court supervision and disbarred, all because he was improperly convicted of voting violations by Hynes and those allied with Hynes.
• SEE WHAT WAS — O’Hara’s case for WRONGFUL DEATH ON BEHALF OF JUDGE PHILLIPS’ ESTATE — AND WHAT THAT CASE WAS ALL ABOUT — AGAINST AN UNLAWFUL SENIOR CARE FACILITY, RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO U.S. SENATOR CHARLES SCHUMER'S HOME
SEE HOW THE ASSOCIATION OF JOHN PHILLIPS AND JOHN O’HARA WAS SOMETHING THAT BEGAN YEARS BEFORE ANY OF THE COURT CASES THAT MADE FOR SUCH BIG POLITICAL AND COURTHOUSE NEWS ABOUT BOTH OF THEM
Phillips and O’Hara came from opposite sides of 1970s and 80s Brooklyn.• BUT SEE HOW many, many years ago, Brooklyn Civil Court Judge John Phillips helped a young man from Brooklyn get into Law School. The young man, who was finishing up his undergraduate work at the Brooklyn Campus of LIU was a part-time cab driver and Democratic Party political activist from Bay Ridge, John Kennedy O’Hara.
• SEE HOW — In 1993, a Democrat gadfly, perennial candidate and lawyer John O’Hara was the largest financial backer of a well known Independent Republican-Conservative candidate, who succeeded in knocking incumbent DA Charles “Joe” Hynes off of the Republican line during Hynes’ run for re-election as DA in 1993. — All of it in spite of Hynes’ backing by Republican Mayoral Candidate Rudy Giuliani, the GOP County Chairman, who was himself defeated partly because of his support for Hynes, and the leadership of the GOP County Organization, whose leadership was largely turned over in 1993 after backing Hynes. See that after Hynes’ stumbled in the GOP primary of 1993, O’Hara’s legal woes for an alleged "pattern of wrongful voting" began; and learn what that case was really all about, and how the O'Hara prosecution almost fell apart completely....
• FAST FORWARD TO APRIL 1997 — SEE HOW: When word had gotten out that John Kennedy O’Hara was planning with retired Civil Court Judge John Phillips for a primary run against DA Charles Hynes, two men, who did not identify themselves, accosted retired Judge John L. Phillips Jr. outside what he was using as his campaign office. SEE HOW: After a tussle, where one of the men claimed to be injured by Phillips’ Kung Fu maneuvers, one of the men grabbed Judge Phillips’ registered fire arm. SEE HOW: The two men belatedly identified themselves as plainclothes police officers and ARRESTED the retired judge.
• SEE HOW: A deputy Police Commissioner later said the two men had been officers of a special undercover investigative unit, and that they said, “...‘Stop. We're the police. Let us have your gun’...” And that “...[t]hey were in plainclothes but their shields were clearly displayed....” She also said Phillips was later charged with carrying and displaying a pistol without a permit and with resisting arrest, but only after the two plainclothes officers determined that Judge Phillips’ license for his gun had expired. SEE HOW: The charges were completely dismissed and expunged, but that Judge Phillips’ gun was never returned.
IN 2001 THEY TOOK PHILLIPS’ PROPERTIES AND PUT PHILLIPS UNDER LOCK-DOWN IN A SERIES OF MEDICAID MILLS• SEE HOW — When Ohara and Phillips were getting ready for a run against Hynes in 2001, the roof fell in on retired Judge John Phillips led by a top Hynes honcho, Harvey L. Greenberg, who took charge of all of John Phillips’ money and properties, and shipped Phillips to a nursing home in the Bronx under lock-down; and that very quickly and without much explanation, he was replaced by Frank J. Livoti, also a former top ADA for Hynes, who worked long and hard to keep Phillips incommunicado, but who himself spilled a lot on tape. All of it happened under the noses of Brooklyn’s top Supreme Court Justice Michael Pesce, and key law clerks, referees, monitors, "court appointed evaluators" and other court personnel in the Supreme Court in Brooklyn.
LETS KEEP THIS PART A LITTLE INCOGNITO AND BETWEEN OURSELVES, OK... But you will find out that...The circle of several of these O’hara-Phillips-Ohara cases was recently made complete in a Brooklyn Supreme Court matter still open in that saga. In fact, that closed circle establishes another close connection between former Brooklyn Administrative Justice Michael Pesce [ now Presiding Justice in the Appellate Term] and the original criminal case for “illegal voting” brought by Hynes against John Kennedy O’Hara so very long ago.
AND ON TOP OF ALL THAT YOU'LL GET TO BE IN THE KNOW that with Justice Pesce overseeing, let's make that "overlooking," everything as series of guardians were put in charge of Judge Phillips and his money and property — starting with Hynes guys, Harvey L.Greenberg, briefly, and then quickly, Frank J. Livoti — followed by a pair of supposedly “arms-length operators.” named Ray Jones and Emani P. Taylor — millions of dollars of Judge Phillips' assets just plain disappeared.
SEE HOW — In September 2007, John Kennedy O’Hara, then a disbarred lawyer and the longtime friend of Judge Phillips’s, filed a complaint with the I.R.S. accusing four former court-appointed guardians — Harvey L. Greenberg, Frank J. Livoti, Ray Jones and Emani P. Taylor — as well as a State Supreme Court Justice, one Michael L. Pesce, of violating tax law while they jointly and/or severally oversaw the John Phillips guardianship case.
SEE HOW — In November 2007, it was reported that a guardian appointed after the case was removed from Justice Pesce – James Cahill Jr. – said in Supreme Court documents in Brooklyn that a string of guardians sold off or mismanaged Mr. Phillips’s property in the years that followed the establishment of the guardianship in 2001, and that thousands of dollars that had been placed in escrow simply disappeared, according to Guardian Cahill’s papers. — According to the New York Times, “Mr. Cahill said the previous guardians took hundreds of thousands of dollars for themselves without going through the courts, while others made big cash payments to mystery contractors. Most never filed proper or timely accountings of what was spent out of Mr. Phillips’s account, the papers say. And for six years none of the guardians, all of whom are lawyers, paid taxes on behalf of Mr. Phillips’s estate, according to the reports Mr. Cahill filed with the court....”
Millions of dollars in taxes were owed, and there was very little left in Judge Phillips' Estate when most of the people lost interest or just "got lost" in the shuffle.
Most, but not all ! — Not O'Hara and not some of old Judge Phillips' other older friends, and some in his family....